Upon first starting this website I also started something I called The Aubreyad Press Gang to do a group read of the series. We got through the first and second novels before the project fell by the wayside, but the discussion questions remain. Perhaps someday the APG will set sail once more…
May 24, 2010 – May 30, 2010
The Aubreyad Press Gang Epic Adventure Week Six
1. At the beginning of this chapter, Stephen reflects that Jack and Dillon “might kill each other, in the civillest way in the world”. Does Dillon have a death wish in general, or has he merely focused all his anger on Jack to the point that he must provoke action? What is Jack’s reaction to the change in Dillon, and what does it say about him?
2. Jack truly believes that to be an admiral is the “summit of human felicity”, but never really explains why. What is appealing about the prospect aside from the increased status and payment?
3. Henry Ellis dies by drowning but is miraculously resuscitated by Stephen. What effect does this have on his reputation? Does Stephen feel any particular pride in it? Why or why not?
4. The decision to rescue Henry Ellis slows Jack in his chase of the Dedaigneuse. Why does he choose to rescue him? Would he have done the same for any other crew member? Why or why not?
5. What happened to Jack in Ciudadela?
Questions by your captain.
Be the first to comment